Scientist I - Immunology MedImmune

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2014-6-14 07:36:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
There is an opening for Scientist I (junior post-doc) in an immunology group at MedImmune. See job description below (JOB ID: 8642). MedImmune is the best Biotech/Pharma company in Maryland, this is an excellent opportunity for you to transit to industry from academia. If you are interested and have less than 4 years post-doc experience, please contact the hiring manager Yue Wang (wangy@medimmune.com) for further details.

Scientist I - Immunology               

Location               MD, Gaithersburg - Corporate Headquarters

Job Description

The successful candidate will work in the laboratory as member of a group investigating novel cellular and molecular mechanisms in inflammatory, autoimmune and respiratory diseases, by employing the most relevant cellular in vitro human systems and animal models, when applicable. Additionally, the candidate will support preclinical drug discovery programs, through validation assays required for the selection and functional characterization of new lead monoclonal antibodies and biomarker discovery focused on disease pathogenesis and targeted therapy. The candidate should be highly motivated, innovative, creative, well organized and able to work independently when designing and executing the assays. The candidate is also expected to manage and prioritize a number of different projects and tasks in line with the objectives of the group.

Position Requirements

Position:
Extensive scientific expertise in immunology and autoimmunity
Deep understanding of relevant human diseases
Proven ability to publish in peer reviewed journals, generate technical report summaries and protocols
Ability to communicate clearly and candidly at internal and external scientific meetings
Strong hands-on skills in methods including flow cytometry (FACS), IHC, ELISA, multiplex assays, ELISPOT, etc
Dexterous to develop in vitro cell-based assays (use of primary tissues and cells, functional in vitro assays including cell proliferation, apoptosis, ADCC, cell intracellular signaling pathways, etc.)
Experience in vivo modeling of autoimmune/respiratory diseases
Well acquainted with molecular biology techniques (i.e., qRT-PCR) and knowledge in genomics and proteomics database analysis
Experience in target identification and validation for new therapeutic targets is preferred.

Education:
Ph.D. in immunology or related field
Experience: 0-4 years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant research area

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 在这里注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|nihcssa.org

GMT-5, 2020-4-6 17:05 , Processed in 1.527357 second(s), 20 queries .