楼主| 发表于 2018-1-3 10:28:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Daniel Li
3194 Pond Mist Way
Oak Hill, VA 20171
Phone: 703-939-5038
Email: daniel.li3002@gmail.com         
November 7th, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my interest in applying for a scientific research internshipduring the summer of 2018.

As a sophomore at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology(TJHSST), one of the best STEM schools in United States, I have spent asignificant amount of time studying the topics of Biology, Chemistry, ComputerScience, Math and other STEM areas. In the past, I have conducted a biologyfield experiment over the course of a year, and written a complete scientificpaper on my results. During the summer of 2017, I took the extra time to takeChemistry 1 so that I could study a more advanced chemistry course during thecoming school year. I am proficient in Java while currently learning Python onthe side, and I am planning on taking various artificial intelligence classesnext year.
During my 2016-17 school year, I worked on ayearlong biology experiment with a group of my fellow peers at TJHSST.  Mywork focused on the different environmental factors of pollution on theecosystem and I wrote a scientific paper investigating the effects of commonpollutants on different native microorganisms.

As an intern, I would love to contribute to your current research program. Thisopportunity would give me the ideal chance to gain valuable experience in realworld application of science while assisting your organization in any waypossible.  

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely Yours,
Daniel Li

Daniel Li
3194 Pond Mist Way
Oak Hill, VA 20171
daniel.li3002@gmail.com
OBJECTIVE
Toobtain an internship, part-time or mentorship position at a researchinstitution to gain experience and assist in conducted studies.
EDUCATION
Willcomplete two years at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technologyby the summer of 2018
GraduationDate: June 2020
GPA:4.357
CURRENT/COMPLETEDCOURSES
Chemistry1, AP Chemistry, Biology 1, Calculus, Foundations Computer Science, AP ComputerScience
EXPERIENCE & EXTRA-CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES
Coach for Reston Swim Team Association  
·       Winter 2017 – Paid totrain competitive and recreational swimmers aged 6-18 in technical aspects ofstroke as well as basic swimming skill enhancements.
Mentor for Learning IsFor Everyone (LIFE) Program
·     Fall2016-Spring 2017- Acted as a mentor in the LIFE program to help tutor younger kids in thefields of science and math.
Member of Model UnitedNations (MUN) National Team
·     Fall2016- Present- Member of the MUN team that TJ sends to national conferences.
Captain of a TeamAmerica Rocketry Challenge (TARC) team
·     Fall2016- Present- Led a TARC team to design and build rockets to reach certain goals
Math Counts
·     Spring2016- Represented my school at the regional Math Counts finals.
Thomas Jefferson Swimand Dive
·     Fall2016-Present- Represented my high school swim team at regionals
RELEVANT HIGH SCHOOL STUDIES

• Technical writing; MUN;     computer classes providing knowledge of word processing
  • Public     speaking/presenting/technical writing; debate/Model UN, proficiency in     coding and strong base computer knowledge (java, python), word processing
  • Computer Science, AP Computer     Science, Chemistry, AP Chemistry and Biology I, Calculus
HONORS, AWARDS, AND MEMBERSHIPS

• Qualified for the American     Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME) in 2016
  • Qualified for TARC Nationals in     2016
·       Verbal Award Winner at William & Mary High School ModelUnited Nations, 2016
·       Honorable Mention at Ivy League Model United NationsConference, 2017
·       Best Delegate at William & Mary High School ModelUnited Nations, 2017

• 800     on the Math Section of the SAT in 2015

• Grand      Recognition by Duke University Talent Identification Program

• State      Recognition by North Carolina State

• Qualified      for the John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 在这里注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|nihcssa.org

GMT-5, 2018-5-23 23:02 , Processed in 0.679754 second(s), 7 queries , Apc On.